Daish Hotel is a Grade II Listed Building within the historic “Old Village” Conservation Area of Shanklin. Built in 1833, it was one of the first hotels to be built on the Island and subsequent extensions in 1850 and 1890 reflected its growing popularity as a premium destination.
By the turn of the 21st century, the hotel was in desperate need of vital maintenance and improvement to ensure its survival as the Daish Group’s flagship hotel.
RPA were appointed in 2014, as part of a £1 million refurbishment, to upgrade the hotel’s main back of house facilities, refurbish tired and below standard accommodation and to provide an additional 12 rooms. The hotel’s bars were also refurbished, increasing capacity and refreshing the brand, whilst retaining important historic features.